How to Sleep your Baby Safely:
1. Sleep baby on the back from birth, not on the tummy or side
2. Sleep baby with head and face uncovered
3. Keep baby smoke free before birth and after
4. Provide a safe sleeping environment night and day
5. Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping place in the same room as an adult caregiver for the first six to twelve months
6. Breastfeed baby
Safe Sleeping Brochure
Safe Sleeping Mobile App
The Red Nose Safe Sleeping smart phone application provides new and expectant mothers, carers and health care professionals with vital information on how to sleep baby safely and reduce the risk of sudden unexpected death in infants and fatal sleeping accidents. It also includes valuable information on Tummy Time and Safe Wrapping and links to our website for further information and support.
Languages: English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Hindi and Arabic.
To talk to an educator about safe sleeping in your state or territory please phone 1300 308 307 during business hours or visit rednose.com.au.
Resources for Education and Care Services
The Infant Safe Sleeping Child Care Kit was developed to inform staff and carers employed by child care services/providers, including long day care and family day care, to ensure all those who care for babies are aware of the current and evidence-based Red Nose Safe Sleeping recommendations to reduce the risk of SIDS and sleeping accidents.